Red Lake District Adult Learning Centre
-- Mission Statement --
The Red Lake Adult Literacy Board believes that literacy is essential to lifelong learning. Our aim is to assist and support adults in our communities by offering programs that will improve their English language and basic skills to achieve greater independence and participation in their community and workplace.
The Red Lake District Adult Learning Centre is a non-profit organization governed by the Red Lake Adult Literacy Board. Our funding is provided by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. We are an active partner within Employment Ontario
The objectives of the Red Lake District Adult Learning Centre are:
- To promote and encourage literacy and to consider and discuss all subjects affecting it,
- To facilitate the exchange of information and ideas on matters affecting literacy and related subjects, and to take action wherever possible,
- To provide for the delivery of programs in connection with literacy and related subjects,
- To provide seamless access to ongoing education and training,
- To promote community involvement and to raise annual funds within the community through public fundraising activities,
- To establish and maintain a literacy resource library,
- To associate, affiliate, and federate with organizations, societies, or associations with similar objectives, and
- To invest monies of the Board, not immediately required, in such a manner as may be determined.